Watch Out for Resume Fraud
Recent news stories show resume fraud presents a big problem for your business. Recently, the Minnesota Vikings Director of Player Personnel was fired for inaccuracies on his resume. Iowa State University has had multiple cases where coaches and faculty have lied on their resumes. Could this happen to you?
Chances are it could. The numbers in a study I read are astounding:
44% of job applicants lied about work experience
41% of job applicants lied about eduation
23% fabricated credentials or licenses
Some things you might do to prevent resume fraud include:
1) Conduct background checks;
2) Have a fraud/ethics policy;
3) Communicate policy to employees and prospective employees;
4) Monitor compliance with the policy;
5) Enforce the policy consistently.